- 2 bunches of kale (I used 2 varieties)
- 1/4 c lime juice (~3 small limes)
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 sorreno pepper (diced)
- 1/3 c flour (can also use whole wheat flour or nutritional yeast)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T agave
- 1 T fresh cilantro
- 1/3 c raw cashews
- 1 T sucanat (can substitute brown sugar)
- 1 ounce queso blanco (white Mexican cheese)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and process until well mixed.
Using a large bowl, toss kale with seasoning sauce mixture. Do this in small batches so you can evenly and lightly coat the pieces if kale.
Place the seasoned kale on a sprayed cookie sheet and bake on 250 for 1 hour, rotate and flip the kale chips and place on metal wire rack and return kale chips to the oven on 200 for apx 1 more hour. The time will depend on how thick the seasoning mixture is.
When completely cooled, store kale chips in an airtight container in a dry, cool place.
For any broken kale chips at the bottom of your container, use them as “fairy dust” on top of salads for the health benefit and added crunch and flavor.