- 2/3 c. almond milk (or soy milk)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 c. agave nectar
- 4 oz. apple sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1-1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Line muffin pan with cupcake liners and preheat oven to 325F.
Mix soy milk and apple cider vinegar in large bowl; allow to sit for a few minutes to curdle.
Beat in agave, apple sauce, vanilla, and almond extract. Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until smooth. Fill liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake 20-22 minutes.
Vegan Fluffy Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/2 c. non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1/2 c. Organic butter
- 3-1/2 c. confectioner’s sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. almond milk or soy milk
Beat shortening and butter together until well combined and fluffy.
Add sugar and beat for 3 more minutes.
Add vanilla and almond milk; beat for another 5-7 minutes until fluffy.