- 2 tsp olive or coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1⁄2 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh chives
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and sauté 3 minutes, until golden on all sides.
Add curry powder, coriander, salt and black pepper to pan and stir to coat chicken. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, bring 2 1/4 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 8 minutes.
Add green peas, cover and cook 2 more minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
Remove chicken mixture from heat and stir in Greek yogurt and chives. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over rice and peas.